Calgary Folk Music Festival Media Accreditation Policy
Media outlets applying for credentials to cover the Calgary Folk Music Festival must be in the business of news gathering as its primary source of revenue, and individuals applying for credentials must be professionally employed by news gathering organizations.
Media credentials are not intended for those who sell photos or images. Credentials will not be issued to those involved in commercial ventures, unless specially approved in advance and written consent is obtained from the Calgary Folk Music Festival and/or specific artists appearing at the festival.
For consideration for a media credential, a journalist must:
- Have completed the on-line credential request form at least 5 days prior to the start of the event.
- Be a current, working journalist or photographer for a recognized local, national or international media outlet on assignment for the event.
- Written confirmation of credential approval from the Calgary Folk Music Festival will be sent via no later than 3 days prior to the start of the event.
The Calgary Folk Music Festival will not approve a credential application from freelance photographers, writers or internet reporters without the following:
- Assignment letter on company letterhead detailing actual assignment (emails not acceptable) from the assigning editor, with his/her name and contact info.
- Also, submission of these materials is not a guarantee of credential application approval.
When issuing credentials, priority will be given to:
- Daily newspapers (based on circulation)
- Magazines and weekly newspapers
- Local television affiliates
- Approved and well-established web sites (based on traffic)
- Wire services (CP, Reuters, etc.)
The Calgary Folk Music Festival reserves the right to revoke credentials for unprofessional behavior or conduct.
Credentials are not transferable. Also, no credentialed media may take video footage (including digital) except for accredited local TV affiliates or those with advance written consent from the Calgary Folk Music Festival.
No personal video cameras or digital video cameras will be permitted.