Standards and Selection
The Calgary Folk Music Festival's Arts Market is a unique hub of creativity, craftsmanship and community, and we are inviting artisans to apply to be a part of the experience! Over 12,500 people come through the festival site each day, creating a buzzing marketplace environment, and making it one of the most heavily trafficked artisan markets in the city.
Along with your application, we are looking for professionally presented samples that best represent your art. All samples will be a part of an adjudication, with attention paid to the following standards: quality of work, aesthetic appeal, price range, overall variety of submissions and genre of art or service. Priority will be given to artists and artisans who curate and create their own handcrafted items. The Calgary Folk Music Festival assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged samples.
To apply, fill out the application form and submit your professionally presented sample to our office at 1215 10th Ave SE, Calgary, Alberta T2G 0W6. Applications close on March 17, 2017. Your samples will be released for pick up after April 1, 2017. If you would like your sample mailed back, be sure to include sufficient return postage. Samples not picked up by April 20, 2017 will be lovingly donated.
Fees and Services
The fee for your shop space in the 2017 Arts Market is $700 + $35 GST. The fee includes:
- three (3) 4-day single user wristbands
- inclusion in specific promotional materials
- overnight storage Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- one (1) festival program
- 10' x 10' booth space (overhead coverage, table, chairs, extension cords, weatherproofing supplies and display pieces are the vendor's responsibility)
- on-site festival liaison
- a single line of 110 volt electricity, as needed
- a weekend full of networking, amazing music and friend-making.
Call or email Heather with any questions: (403) 233-0904 / email@example.com