A big thanks to all the folks who pulled this all together this year. We all had an amazing time and the volunteers really made everything very easy, they were like working with pros every one of them. The setting for the fest was very well planned and everybody in the band had a great time please let us know if you ever need anything from us in the future, we are there
Gern, United Steelworkers of Montreal
The 2013 application form is now live: Apply here
Each year the Calgary Folk Music Festival depends on the commitment of over 1600 volunteers. With 67 crews, the volunteers are responsible for running nearly every facet of the Festival.
Volunteers are the back bone of the festival. They build the festival city and maintain it for four fabulous days. Artists, staff and patrons comment about the enthusiastic attitude of our volunteers and the fun festival atmosphere. Thanks so much for all your hard work. We couldn't do it without you!
How can you become a CFMF volunteer?
To secure a volunteer placement with the Calgary Folk Music Festival you must submit an online application AND attend one mandatory new volunteer orientation. Information about orientation dates will be provided once you complete the application process. Applications for 2013 begin in March 2013.
The CFMF can not guarantee placement on the same crew as friends or family but it is a wonderful opportunity to meet new people and make life long friends.
Please do not complete the online application process if you have volunteered for the CFMF in the past. If you have volunteered in the last two years you will be contacted by your crew coordinator or the Volunteer Coordinator in mid-March 2012. If you have not been contacted by April 1st please contact the CFMF office.
What another FANTASTIC folk fest. This is my fifth year volunteering and I can say without a doubt that it is bar none one of the best volunteering experiences I've ever had. That's why I keep coming back year after year. The combination of other great volunteers to work with and the music and atmosphere are addictive.
- Deb Charnuski, volunteer
Calgary Folk Music Festival Volunteer Benefits and Responsibilities
- Free Access to Prince's Island Park during Festival Weekend
- Free Volunteer T-shirt
- Complimentary meals during Festival Weekend
- Access to Festival Parties
- Opportunities to make many wonderful new friends in the Festival family
- To represent the Calgary Folk Music Festival in a positive way.
- To treat other volunteers, performers, staff, and the public with respect.
- To acknowledge your position of trust and do not use for your own advantage any money or properties belonging to the Festival, its sponsors, artists, or vendors.
- To fulfill tasks and minimum time commitment as agreed with your crew coordinator.
- To refrain from alcohol use while on duty.
- To refrain from use or possession of illegal substances on site.
Volunteer Time Committment
The volunteer time commitment is between 16 - 40 hours, depending on your crew placement.
Our volunteer coordinator, Talia Potter can be reached via email at: