COVID-19 response

COVID-19 response

The Folk Festival Society of Calgary’s staff and board are watching the COVID-19 situation very closely. As we receive new information, we will continue to update this post.

**Updated April 23, 2020**

It is with heavy hearts that we have to cancel the 41st annual Festival on Prince's Island Park due to circumstances surrounding COVID-19. We know it’s a challenging time for many folks. As a charitable arts organization in these uncertain times, we want to offer our sincere gratitude for your ongoing support of the Calgary Folk Music Festival.

If you have already purchased a ticket for the 2020 festival, you may request a full refund or donate your ticket for a tax receipt.

Read the full statement.

Spring concerts

Due to the unprecedented circumstances surrounding COVID-19 and ban on public gatherings, we have updates on our upcoming concerts. The safety and health of our patrons are of the utmost importance, with this in mind, and to contain the spread of COVID-19:

  • Gabrielle Papillion — CANCELLED
  • The Bros. Landreth — POSTPONED
  • Basia Bulat — POSTPONED

We encourage compliance with public health advisories to keep yourself and your neighbours healthy and practice social distancing if you are able.

Calgary Folk Music Festival

The Folk Festival Society of Calgary’s staff and board are watching the COVID-19 situation very closely. Given that our summer festival is just over four months away, we are cautiously optimistic that everything will proceed as usual and we are continuing in full on planning mode.

In the meantime, we are following the Public Health Agency of Canada’s mass gathering risk assessment protocol. We are being vigilant, and we are communicating with our colleagues, stakeholders and the City of Calgary. We are, of course, committed to the health and safety of everyone — our audiences, volunteers, staff and artists — and we hope to see you this July.

If you have any questions or concerns related to COVID-19, please contact us.

April 3, 2020 update — Today, the City of Calgary issued a statement announcing that public events will be cancelled until June 30. In light of this new information, we want to be transparent with our folk family and provide an update. 

We remain cautiously optimistic and are in talks with the City of Calgary about the future of this year's Festival. We support whatever the City needs to do to keep everyone safe and healthy. The best thing we can all do right now is#stayhome so that we can get back to normal as soon as possible. What the next few months look like remains uncertain and we are committed to keeping you updated as we learn new information.