The Calgary Folk Music Festival is situated on Treaty 7 Territory, home of the Kainai, Piikani, Siksika, Tsuut’ina, Stoney-Nakoda Nations, and Métis Nation Alberta Region 3.
We’re a vibrant, active, year-round arts organization powered by 12.5 full-time staff and 2000 seasonal volunteers that produces the 42-year-old ‘post-folk’ festival annually at Prince’s Island Park, the winter Block Heater festival and concerts at our own Festival Hall and around the city.
We are seeking a full-time digital content manager to join our team; an energetic self-starter who’s highly organized, detail-oriented and passionate about music and arts that enjoys working with a diverse, experienced team. The successful candidate will have relevant training and experience, be comfortable simultaneously juggling multiple tasks, identifying priorities and ensuring co-workers have everything they need to be successful in their work.
The role requires an analytical thinker with an audience-first mindset that possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Creative writing and storytelling skills and experience are key. This social media analytics expert will understand the nuances, advantages and shortcomings of each platform and know how to utilize data to formulate a campaign strategy.
A working knowledge of relevant platforms for digital community engagement (social media platforms, newsletters and subscription management tools), experience in online community building and stewardship. A basic knowledge of activation marketing (including, but not limited to, influencer marketing, sponsorship activations) plus a working knowledge of design programs (Illustrator, Photoshop), newsletter management platforms (Mailchimp), social media tools (Later, Iconosquare), and website CMS (Prismic) are considered assets.
Working within the marketing team and closely with the development department, the digital content manager develops and implements short and long-term digital marketing strategies and advertising campaigns to create and increase brand awareness and sell tickets. This role supports project development to manage ongoing marketing and advertising campaigns and plans, while ensuring that every initiative increases brand awareness and maximizes ticket sales.
- Manage content across all digital platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google, and YouTube
- Oversee and manage website content, seasonal changes and information accuracy. Work with our web team around website infrastructure
- Orchestrate digital content strategies across all online platforms
- Project manage the creative pipeline (content assets, creative elements) to support the Artistic Director and Development Director's unique objectives
- Manage content calendars and communication/design project tracking through Airtable
- Support and oversee volunteer efforts in creative areas including photography, social media and videography for digital distribution
- Implement SEO best practices
- Manage a content marketing budget in consultation with the Artistic Director
- Liaise and work with creative teams (annual artist/graphic designer) to coordinate and supervise marketing activities
- Collect, manage and share design assets to internal and external stakeholders
- Implement and manage ad campaigns (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter plus local and national media)
- Oversee and execute social media campaigns, including managing paid advertising, content strategies and developing social specific assets
- Cultivate newsletter marketing campaigns
- Drive traffic and engagement that translates to sales and brand promotion (social media platforms, newsletter audience, traditional media audiences as appropriate)
- Track the results of marketing activity to inform future marketing campaigns; prepare and support the creation of reporting documentation
- Keep brand guidelines updated and shared with stakeholders. Liaise with other departments to ensure organization-wide understanding of brand and brand voice
- Review each project to ensure organizational brand guidelines and accuracy of event/product’s information for submission to the Marketing Director/Artistic Director for final approval
- Contribute to detailed monthly, quarterly and annual reports to present current and forecasted data
The Calgary Folk Music Festival is an equal opportunity employer who hires without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical, and/or mental abilities.
The Festival is committed to ensuring the participation and advancement of members of traditionally disadvantaged designated groups: Black, Indigenous, and people of colour, persons with physical or mental disabilities and members of the 2SLGBTQIAP+ community.
Please send a PDF of your resumé and cover letter to Stephanie Mok, Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org. Posting closes at 11:59pm on April 11th, 2021.
Subject line: Digital Content Manager