About The Torchettes · Calgary, AB
The phrase “torch song” tends to conjure up images of wasp-waisted ‘40s jazz and blues Jessica Rabbit-style singers, warbling languidly about the boy who just isn’t that into them. Calgary-based The Torchettes may have styled themselves after that brand, but it’s fair to say that they're reinventing the image with a sassy, gritty, garage-rockabilly 21st century take on the genre. These are no damsels lost in the woods, unless they got there riding a Harley. The Torchettes showcases the exceptional voices and harmonies of Deicha Carter, Ainsley Christine, and Sydney Zadravec. More than anything else, the Torchettes deliver inspired, intense music that seduces the audience with sultry, dulcet tones and then knocks them sideways with a full throttle attack. The musical effect is mesmerizing and delicious.
Event safety info
- No more than 50 people in the hall including all staff, volunteers, guests and performers.
- Event setup will adhere to physical distancing requirements.
- We will collect the names and contact information of attendees upon ticket purchase for contact tracing.
- We will provide disposable mask for guests.
- We will provide hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content for patrons and worker use as they enter and exit.
- We will be performing an entry screening checklist provided by the Event Supervisor through AHS.
- All attendees wear masks at all times inside the building except when consuming a beverage.
- Attendees will be instructed to immediately dispose of any beverage containers once their contents have been consumed.
- No more than 4 individuals will be seated together as a cohort. Those seated together should ideally be from the same household or social cohort.
- Seating will be assigned upon arrival to minimize multiple persons using the same chairs.
- Cohort seating will be 2 metres (6 feet) apart.
- Sanitization and supervision will be enhanced.
- We will thoroughly sanitize high touch point areas, and shared items after attendees leave.