Rent the hall for
and much more
Before you book...Check if your day is available
Our beautiful event space in the heart of historic Inglewood is availble to be rented for Calgary’s artistic community, and for corporate and private functions. Festival Hall has been used for fashion events, film, food, music, dance, theatre, markets, meetings, and weddings. What will you use it for?
Nonprofit / charity
Private / individual
Wedding / corporate
*8 Hour Rental
Screen and Projector
Streaming Services - Comming Soon.
The following are a list of guidelines for hosting an event at Festival Hall, this list is not exhaustive and new guidelines may be prescribed by the Rental Manager as required:
● No more than 50ppl in the hall including all staff, volunteers, guests and performers. Excludes facilities staff.
● Stagger loading schedules during setup and cleanup to enable distancing of staff, volunteers and vendors at
loading docks and entryways
● Event setup must adhere to physical distancing requirements
● Review and complete day of event checklist with event supervisor
● Implement elevator use protocols to enable physical distancing.
● Event organizers should collect the names and contact information of attendees at or prior to arrival.
● Provide disposable mask for guests
● Provide hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content for patrons and worker use as they enter and exit.
● Event organizers should performing an entry screening checklist provided by the Event Supervisor through AHS
● Ensure that all attendees wear masks at all times inside the building except when eating or drinking
● No more than 6 individuals should be seated at a table.
o Those seated at the same table should ideally be from the same household or social cohort
● Encourage the use of assigned seating to minimize multiple persons using the same chairs and place settings
o Ensure chairs are 2 metres apart, if not at a table.
● Sanitization and supervision should be enhanced
o Thoroughly sanitize each table, high touch point areas, and shared items after attendees leave
o Attendees should be instructed to immediately dispose of any beverage containers once their contents have
The following are a list of prohibited activities when hosting an event at Festival Hall, this list is not exhaustive and new guidelines may be prescribed by the Rental Manager as required:
● Coat check service
● Buffet style food (Buffets and self-service options may only be offered if facilitated and overseen by a commercial
caterer who holds a food handling permit in accordance with the Guidance for Restaurant, Cafés, Pubs and Bars)
● Singing and the use of wind instruments are higher risk activities and must not occur. Consider recorded singing or
non-wind instruments (e.g. piano, string instruments or guitar), as an alternative
● Attendance over 50 people including volunteers, staff, performers and guests (excludes Festival Hall staff or
Festival Hall volunteers)
● Festival Hall supplied bar service is suspended until further notice, unless explicitly authorized by Festival Hall
Please review these bullet points before inquiring about your rental:
● Will your event comply with provincial and local orders regarding the spread of COVID-19?
● Consider how you will notify attendees of the steps being taken to prevent the risk of transmission, and the
importance of you and their roles in these measures
● Encourage attendees to download the ABTraceTogether app to help let them know if they have been exposed to
o To support public health contact tracing efforts in the event that an attendee tests positive, organizers should
consider collecting the names and contact information of attendees
● Consider steps for handling an attendee that arrives with symptoms.
● Can this event be hosted virtually?
Here are the steps you'll need to take in order to secure your rental:
● Submit rental request form
● Confirm with Festival Hall Relationships Manager that your event will adhere to provincial and local orders
● Consider best layout to minimize close proximity and congestion, work with Festival Hall Relationships Manager to
create approved floor plan
● Fill out contract and rental liability documents
Due to Covid-19 we are restricting venue tours until June 30th 2020. After this date tours will only be booked on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2pm - 4pm and will be restricted to two customers per visit. Touring customers must adhere to physical distancing measures and must be wearing a mask in order to be admitted to the Hall. Our venue Festival Hall Rentals Manager will work with you to find a suitable booking. Thank you for your understanding.
To our valued community of renters. Our standard refund policy is 30 days cancelation notice for a full refund. Given these uncertain times, we are offering renters seeking to postpone or cancel their events the opportunity to reschedule later in the year. If your event falls further into the future and you wish to wait and see how things progress we are able authorizing a full deposit refund at that time.
We are continuously monitoring the situation around Covid-19 and will remain flexible on event deposit refunds for the foreseeable future
Renting Festival Hall gives you access to an 8 hour rental period. It also includes access to various furniture, such as (200) padded chairs as well as (4) reclaimed wood 7-foot farm tables, (4) 8-foot folding banquet tables, (6) 6-foot folding banquet tables, (8) tall cocktail tables with (20) matching wooden chairs. We also have black spandex linens for the 6-foot tables, 8-foot tables and 2-foot cocktails.
Festival Hall's lobby features a service area available for bar and catering. The kitchenette features a double door industrial cooler, convection oven, ice freezer, double commercial sink, and a commercial dishwasher. Please keep in mind that we ask our renters to provide all glassware, dishes, and chaffing dishes etc.
Festival Hall renters also have access to the Muruve Green Room, which is accessible either by elevator or rear staircase. The Green Room features (3) sinks with mirrors, an accessible washroom, shower, fridge, coffee maker and kettle, washer and dryer, an iron and ironing board.
Festival Hall features a dynamic staging system with (6) 4'x8' movable platforms. Festival Hall is acoustically tempered, and is equipped with a mixing console graphical equalizer, stereo compressor, reverb etc. As well as a complete microphone package, DI boxes, monitors and extensive cabling, available with the engagement of a Festival Hall sound technician.
Our basic A/V package is available at the cost of $100 per event, and $350 additional for our mixing console, microphone package, and a technician (6 hours).
For complete specifications, view our Lighting and Gear List.
Festival Hall has a mounted 8k Lumen full HD projector and a 16'x9' motorized projection screen.
The hall capacity is 225 including all performers and staff.
No, Festival Hall does not have dedicated parking. However there is street parking and a number of pay lots within a block radius. Please request a Local Parking Map.
Currently Festival Hall in house bar service is suspended for all external rentals.
We have class B license that applies to live performances.
Yes, we will just to have notice in advance and you may bring in your own event license and alcohol.
No, however we do have compostable cups that you may purchase for $5 per sleeve of 50 cups.
Yes, we require that as a renter you have a minimum of $2 million worth of liability coverage. We recommend Foster Parker Brokers.
Yes, our hard close for the facility is 2am, please take this into account when planning your event.
What we ask of renters is to clean up any major spills after your event, remove all outside rental gear and to make Big Rock beer available for sale if your event is public.
Our event supervisors will be onsite during your rental to confirm cleanliness.
There are three available parking spots for renters located in our loading dock. For guests of the renter street parking is available on a first come, first serve basis. If there is no street parking available there are three pay lots available within a one block radius.