Arts Market 2019
Submissions For The 2019 Calgary Folk Fest are now open
Standards and Selection
The Calgary Folk Music Festival's Arts Market is a unique hub of creativity, craftsmanship and community, and we are inviting artisans to apply to be a part of the experience! Over 12,000 people come through the festival site each day, creating a buzzing marketplace environment, and making it one of the most heavily trafficked artisan markets in the city.
Along with your application, we are looking for professionally presented samples that best represent your art. All samples will be juried by our hard-working volunteers with attention paid to the following standards: quality of work, aesthetic appeal, price range, overall variety of submissions. Priority will be given to artists and artisans who curate and create their own handcrafted items. The Calgary Folk Music Festival assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged samples.
To apply, fill out the application form and submit your professionally presented sample to the following address:
C/O Arts Market
1215 10th Ave SE
Samples must be received by March 29th, 2019 in order to be considered. Your samples will be released for pick up after April 15, 2018. If you would like your sample mailed back, be sure to include prepaid postage in the form of an electronic shipping label. (No cheques or cash, please!) Samples that are not picked up by April 30, 2019 will be lovingly donated.
Fees And Services
The fee for your space at the 2019 Calgary Folk Music Festival is based on the space required and gives you access to the following:
- three (3) 4-day single user wristbands
- inclusion in specific promotional materials
- overnight storage Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- one (1) festival program
- 10' x 10' booth space (overhead coverage, table, chairs, extension cords, weatherproofing supplies and display pieces are the vendor's responsibility)
- on-site festival liaison
- limited access to power for lighting and payment terminals. Additional power needs must be communicated in advance.
- a weekend full of amazing music and potential customers.
Please direct any questions about the Arts Market or the associated fees to email@example.com