Raffle update – April 23, 2020
It is with heavy hearts that we have to cancel the 41st annual Festival on Prince's Island Park due to circumstances surrounding COVID-19. We know it’s a challenging time for many folks. As a charitable arts organization in these uncertain times, we want to offer our sincere gratitude for your ongoing support of the Calgary Folk Music Festival.
We will still hold the draw as scheduled on June 18. The winner will be announced on our website and on socials.
As to the prizes pertaining to the Calgary Folk Fest — Golden Tarp, 4 nights at the Westin hotel and 2 guest badges with elevated access — the winner will be able to redeem this portion of the prize package for our 2021 festival.
The additional prizes as part of the package will be available to the winner this year:
- Luna Blue $50 gift certificate
- Cheese for a Year from Springbank Cheese Co Marda Loop
- Silk Road Spice Merchant $50 In-Store Gift Card and Best Sellers Gift Set ($44.99 value)
- 2 x Resonance Circle memberships from NMC ($1000 value)
- Big Rock gift pack
- Golden Festival experience (to be redeemed 2021) - 2 x guest badges to CFMF, 4 x nights at the Westin, Golden Tarp
- TBD: Swizzlesticks 2 x Moroccan massages
- TBD: Dinner and bubbly for 4 at Gorilla Whale
Calgary Folk Music Festival Ultimate Calgary Prize Package
- Golden Tarp at Calgary Folk Music Festival, July 23 – 26, 2020
- 2 guest badges to Calgary Folk Music Festival, July 23 – 26, 2020
- 4-night stay at the Westin Calgary
- Big Rock Brewery Gift Pack
- King Eddy $50 gift certificate
- Luna Blue Boutique $50 gift certificate
- Gorilla Whale dinner for 4
- Silk Road Spice Merchant basket and gift certificate
- National Music Centre Resonance Circle memberships for 2
- Springbank Cheese Co. Marda Loop Cheese for a Year
- Swizzlesticks SalonSpa Moroccan Massage gift certificates x 2
Tickets are 1 for $10, 5 for $40, 12 for $80
Call 403-233-0904 to purchase or buy in-person at any CFMF event.
Raffle license #: 547801
- CFMF Annual Raffle complies with all federal and provincial laws.
- Raffle tickets shall not be sold to a person under 18 years of age.
- Adult raffle ticket purchasers (over the age of 18) shall not write the name of a person under 18 years of age on raffle ticket.
- There are no refunds after purchase.
- Tickets will be sold in person at all Calgary Folk Music Festival events
- Tickets will be sold as follows: 1 for $10.00 each, 5 for $40.00 or 12 for $80.00.
- Location of the draw is Festival Hall (1215-10 Ave SE) and will take place on Thursday, June 18th 2020.
- The draw will be open to the public. At least 1 executive member of the Folk Festival Society of Calgary and 1 member of the public will witness the draw. Tickets shall be drawn from a container that is transparent, as constructed by mesh, so that the tickets can be seen from the outside. The draw will be made by a person who does not own a ticket or a share of a ticket in the draw.
- Winners need not be in attendance to win. Winners have one year from the draw date to claim their prize.
- Prize will be classified on ticket as follows: The Calgary Folk Music Festival Ultimate Calgary Prize Package
- Raffle prize is one large prize, comprising a total of 11 items as stated on the website. All prizes will be redeemable from June 19-August 2020. If winning ticket holder claims ticket after July 2020 they will receive a prize package for the 2021 Calgary Folk Music Festival
- There is no cash option instead of stated prizes.
- Transportation to and from any prize destination is the winner’s responsibility
- In the event a ticket stub has more than 1 name on it, the Folk Festival Society of Calgary shall award the prize to only 1 of the individuals identified on the ticket, and that the licensed charity and the AGLC are not responsible for any disputes which may arise between the different individuals whose names appear on the ticket stub.
- The raffle is not open to the staff and the Board of Directors of the Folk Festival Society of Calgary or the spouses of those excluded.
- There is no minimum number of tickets that must be sold before draw date or cancellation
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded. No cash alternatives in lieu of prizes.